Enrich Your Green Space with Our Tuberosa Asclepias Starter Plants!
Also known as Butterfly Weed, this variety is a beloved North American native, lauded for its dazzling, nectar-filled orange blossoms that irresistibly draw butterflies, particularly Monarchs.
- Bright Flowering: Indulge in the spectacle of radiant orange flower clusters that bloom from the beginning until the end of summer.
- Drought Resistance: With its deep taproot, Tuberosa Asclepias flourishes in arid conditions.
- Pollinator Magnet: Essential for butterfly gardens, Tuberosa caters to Monarch caterpillars, hummingbirds, and bees, while its fibers serve as nest-building materials for wild birds.
- Easy Care: This resilient perennial needs little attention once it's taken root.
- Compact Size: With a height of 1 to 2.5 feet, it's an ideal addition to borders, rock gardens, or limited spaces.
- Non-Sticky Stems: This plant variety has less sticky sap in the stems than others.
- Best-Seller: Our top-selling milkweed, and with excellent reason!
- Alias: Also known as Orange Milkweed, Asclepias Tuberosa, Butterflyweed, Butterfly Milkweed, Orange Butterfly Weed.
Suggested Companion Plants:
Consider pairing with Aster, Echinacea, Kniphofia, Salvia for a diverse and attractive garden scene.
Care Guide for Tuberosa Asclepias:
For the initial 3-4 weeks after transplanting, ensure the plant is adequately watered. Subsequent watering is necessary only if the plant appears wilted. Deadhead the first wave of flowers to encourage more blooms. To prevent self-seeding, remove all flowers post-bloom. After the fall leaf drop, the plant can be cut back to ground level. Fertilizing in the spring is recommended.
Seize the Opportunity Now!
Infuse your garden with vibrant hues while playing an important part in pollinator conservation. Purchase your Tuberosa Asclepias starter plants today!